by Angela Stanford
As we transition into fall, here is simply delicious recipe for one of my seasonal favorites from the garden – butternut squash. Acorn squash will also give you the same tasty results. Enjoy!
Caramelized Butternut Squash
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut off the ends of each butternut squash and discard.
- Peel the squash and cut in half lengthwise.
- Using a spoon, remove the seeds.
- Cut the squash into 1 1/4″ to 1 1/2″ cubes (large and uniform is best), and place them on a baking sheet.
- Add the melted butter, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- With clean hands, toss all of the ingredients together and spread out in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Roast for 45 minutes to 55 minutes, until the squash is tender and the glaze begins to caramelize.
- Turn the squash while roasting a few times with a spatula to be sure it browns evenly.
- Adjust seasonings if needed.
- Serve hot.
Adapted from a recipe from the Barefoot Contessa
For DAIRY FREE variation, use Earth Balance instead of butter