by Angela Stanford
These tasty little bites of green crunch are addictive. You can’t eat just one! So easy to make, and packed full of calcium, folate and fiber. Made these for the Prenatal Mamas at my Prenatal Yoga & Nutrition Workshop this weekend, and again received rave reviews. I have served these to kids as young as 3 and grown ups as old as 70, and they all beg for more. The little ones get intrigued when I call them “Green Lantern Chips” or “Green Giant Chips.” What a great side to your lunchtime sandwich! Move over Ruffles, there’s a new chip in town!
1- bunch Curly Kale
1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Salt
1. Remove rough center stems and tear each leaf into 4-5 pieces (roughly 6 cups)
2. Rinse kale pieces and spin dry in a salad spinner
3. Place torn kale in large bowl and toss with olive oil and salt
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
5. Place kale pieces in a single layer on a cookie sheets
6. Bake 10-12 minutes or until crisp (watch closely so they don’t burn)
7. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes to cool
Munch and enjoy!
*Store uneaten chips in airtight container. To refresh the next day, throw them under the broiler for 1 min.
**Use organic ingredients when possible.